Serving Blount, Loudon, and Monroe counties for over 22 years!
Gymnastics Counts is a family owned and operated business. Our focus is the total child - physical, mental, and spiritual.
I know that each child is a gift from The Lord, is very important, and should be able to enjoy the sport of gymnastics. Not every child will be an olympian, although there are some children who will... Regardless, each individual deserves respect and praise for his/her individual accomplishments at whatever level.
Gymnastics is a unique sport that builds confidence, character, discipline, endurance, determination, strength, and coordination. These are skills that a child can use in real life situations as well as any other sport. I believe and see that gymnastics encourages a child to "focus"... which usually carries over to their schoolwork and other activities.
Come join our family and see for yourself... I look forward to serving you.
Owner Coach Gymnastics Director Tennessee Gymnastics State Board Member
Upcoming Events and News
We Have Moved!
We have moved to our new location on Brickmill Commercial Road off of Hwy 411 in Maryville. This road is between Henry Lane and Countryside Market, we are in the longest building at the center of this map
Sign Up for Back to School Session
We are beginning sigh ups for the next session which will run from August 5th - September 17th. It is a 7 week session, cost is $90. To hold your child's spot in class be sure to register by July 25th. After that date classes will be filled on a first come/first served basis.
Parents' Night Out 7:00-11:00pm
The parents' night out program has been suspended during our move. We hope to resume the program on July 26th pending the completion of our new loose foam pit.
Parents, do you need a night out just to relax, go shopping, or have a nice dinner for two? Let us take care of your children and give them a great evening of fun as well. Your child can play in the gym on the vault, bars, beam, rings, climbing rope, padded spring floor, loose foam pit, tumble track, parachute, and more. Offered on select Fridays 7:00-11:00pm, $10 per child. Everyone welcome, no membership required.
Our Concession Stand offers a variety of healthy food and drinks at very reasonable prices.
ZUMBA is an aerobic/dance workout done to music and is lots of fun for all ages. Everyone welcome, parents and children, no membership required. Cost is $4 per each class, payable at the start of the class. Your Zumba instructor is Kelly Deck.
Support the Aerabesque Pro Shop!
Purchase your gymnastics supplies (leo's, shorts, T-shirts, tape, grip bags, hair items, etc) here at Gymnastics Counts, while 50% of all the proceeds go back to the gym!
Gatlinburg Gymnastics Classic Meet Results
The 2012 meet results can be found here.
Research has shown the benefits of physical activity such as gymnastics for the total child:
- Physical activity aids in a child's academic learning.
- There is a positive relationship between physical activity and a child's self esteem.
- Physical activity helps reduce the risk of developing asthma during adolescence.
- Physical activity is instrumental in preventing certain cancers such as colon, breast, and prostate cancer.
- The risk of substance abuse by adolescents is decreased by physical training programs that incorporate life skills... such as gymnastics!!
- Physical activity delays the development of high blood pressure and helps reduce blood pressure in adolescents with hypertension.
- Physical activity aids in building bone density in children thereby helping in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Physical activity keeps kids off the couch and engaged in a healthy lifestyle!
- The NUMBER ONE REASON for participating in gymnastics... It is FUN and a worthwhile investment in your child and his/her health and happiness!!